Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Book Update

So I have some birthday money and I went out and bought a couple books this past weekend. I have already finished reading one of them. It's called "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. It is a young adult (YA) book and is really good! There are 3 so far in this sci-fi series and I plan on going out to get the second one!

The story revolves around a girl named Katniss who live in District 12. It is set in the future and what I find out is that she lives in the area we call Appalachia! The Hunger Games are set up to keep all 12 districts under control of the Capitol by selecting one boy and one girl, between the ages of 12 and 18, from each district in a fight to the death where only one will be the victor.

I recommend you go and check it out cause it has a good story to it and it is an easy read!

The next book I'm going to read is "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. I've given in to the reviews I've heard from fellow blog readers and broke down to buy this book. I know if I ever want to see the movie that will be coming out that it will ultimately ruin my experience, but we shall see!

And I've also gone back to my old standard Charlaine Harris books. I finally found the 1st in the Aurora Teagarden series called "Real Murders" at my closest Books-a-Million store. So now I'm sure I'll be taken in by them and have to by them all, of course.

Have you read any of these books?

Did you like them?

Do you think you are going to go out and get them too?

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm currently reading The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo right now too! I also have that Charlene Harris book but haven't read it yet.

JMJE said...

I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I like it and read the rest of the series. I wasn't going to read it but then my husband said it was probably too long for me to read (cause I tend to start stuff and not finish) so I essentially had to read it to prove him wrong.