Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year I Read 35 Books

On this special edition of "The Day...", I decided since it is that last day of the year that I would entitle this post "The Year..." and give you a run down of all the books I read this year. I quite honestly don't think I've ever in my life read this many books for pleasure, or for really anything, in a single year. Here's to hoping I can do it again!

  1. Grave Sight - Charlain Harris
  2. Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  3. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
  4. An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  5. Shakespeare's Landlord - Charlaine Harris
  6. Always Looking Up - Michael J. Fox
  7. Animal Farm - George Orwell
  8. Shakespeare's Champion - Charlaine Harris
  9. Shakespeare's Christmas - Charlaine Harris
  10. Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris
  11. Shakespeare's Trollop - Charlaine Harris
  12. Shakespeare's Counselor - Charlaine Harris
  13. Honeysuckle Summer - Sherryl Woods
  14. The Inn At Eagle Point - Sherryl Woods
  15. Flowers On Main - Sherryl Woods
  16. Harbor Lights - Sherryl Woods
  17. About That Man - Sherryl Woods
  18. Ask Anyone - Sherryl Woods
  19. Along Came Trouble - Sherryl Woods
  20. The Last Summer (Of You And Me) - Ann Brashares
  21. True Colors - Kristin Hannah
  22. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  23. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
  24. Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  25. Real Murders - Charlaine Harris
  26. A Slice of Heaven - Sherryl Woods
  27. Feels Like Family - Sherryl Woods
  28. Welcome To Serenity - Sherryl Woods
  29. Home In Carolina - Sherryl Woods
  30. Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  31. Sweet Tea at Sunrise - Sherryl Woods
  32. A Bone To Pick - Charlaine Harris
  33. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse - Charlaine Harris
  34. The Julius House - Charlaine Harris
  35. Dead Over Heels - Charlaine Harris

To group these together I have read:

  1. The whole Harper Connelly Series by Charlaine Harris
  2. The whole Lily Bard Series by Charlaine Harris
  3. One book of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris (Because the previous year I had read the books leading up to it and there are no more in paperback yet.)
  4. The Chesapeake Shores Series by Sherryl Woods (that's so far in paperback)
  5. The whole Trinity Harbour Series by Sherryl Woods
  6. The Sweet Magnolia Series by Sherryl Woods (that's so far in paperback)
  7. Part of the Aurora Teagarden Series by Charlaine Harris (I'm finishing it up first thing in 2011!)

My least favorite book would have to be The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson and my favorite would probably be The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins because it is really hard to pick a favorite out of a series. And it is really hard for me to pick a favorite series. There was a book that I began reading but just couldn't finish and that was the classic book The Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I will try really hard to finish this one in 2011! And there was one book that I read twice which was Honeysuckle Summer by Sherryl Woods, because I started out reading her books at the end of one of her series so I had to go back and read it again after I read the previous ones! I didn't count it as an extra book though!

I owe finding out about Sherryl Woods to my friend Jennifer over at Crazy Shenanigans. We ironically have the same favorite and least favorite of the year! Maybe next year I will branch outside of Charlaine Harris and Sherryl Woods, but if they keep producing books then I know I will read them!

Do you have any book suggestions for me for 2011?

What was your favorite/least favorite book of the year?

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so glad that you loved the Sherryl Woods books! When I read them, I fell in love with them. I just got the new Chesepeake Shores book for Christmas and I can't wait to read it! If you need some more book ideas for 2011 try Stuart Woods!

MariahSmile said...

Thanks, I definately will!