Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Prepping for Black Friday


I'm not one for going shopping on Black Friday - you know, the day after Thanksgiving. But this year I have decided to go along with Phil and his family since it is tradition for them. Last year Phil got his hand stepped on by a woman who tried to take a toy away from him, and the year before that someone repeatedly shoved a shopping cart into his butt. I do not know then why he insists on going... maybe it is because what he looks forward to outweighs the negative. My lists are sorta even so here they are...

What I am looking forward to:
  • Doorbusters!
  • Sweet deals
  • Spending "quaility" time with Phil and his family
  • Entertaining scenarios envolving people and a limited number of sale items

What I am NOT looking forward to:

  • Long lines
  • Feeling claustrophobic
  • Seeing the bad in people come out during the time of year where you are supposed to be good!
  • Waking up so early, or maybe not even going to sleep at all, mixed with dealing with people


I think that last reason could be the reason why people go insane in the stores on Black Friday. I know I won't be like those people, but I hope I won't be affected by those people too much. Maybe I'll find out that I just have to have the dancing Mickey and I'll run to the front of the line and tackle an elderly woman who is getting it for her grandson... but probably not. I will let you know the details of my shopping adventure after the holiday is over and maybe have a picture or two too!

Do you go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving?

Any advice for me?

2 comments:

JMJE said...

I have never been shopping on black friday but my husband and I are thinking about attempting it this year b/c we aren't going out of town like usual.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

What stores are you going to? I hate going that early but I'm going to Target because "Santa" can't pass up the deal they have going on an electronic! Let me know if you'll be there and we can team up!