Monday, January 11, 2010


My winter break from school was fantastic! I got to spend a lot of much needed time with my fiancé and my family.

Christmas was great. I spent Christmas day at my aunt’s house where we opened presents, ate lots of yummy food, and played games like Apples to Apples!

New Year’s was fun too! I went with Phil and his parents to the Dog Track & Casino to celebrate and I even came out with more money than I went in with! For some reason I’m lucky that way! There we met up with two of my married couple friends that I knew from Huntington and used to live with when I first moved to Morgantown.

This past Saturday I got a text around 12:30pm from my roommate saying that she got her board scores in the mail and that she passed! That set me off immediately to find out if the mail had came for me too. It had not so I checked Facebook and many more of my classmates were getting their scores and were passing. I nervously waited by the window for the mailman. I waited for 4 hours and my dad said he was so excited that he was going to drive around to find him! Finally, my dad came back. I took my mail to my room and shut the door. I was by myself. A thousand thoughts running through my mind: I don’t want to have to take this exam over again. Can I really study for a couple more weeks and take it over? Can I sit in that room at that computer for another 6 hours? What if I’m the only one in my class to not pass? Tears were in my eyes as I ripped open the envelope. I nervously unfolded the piece of paper. There was a little certificate at the bottom: SCORE! I passed! I squealed, ran up to my parents while crying, then jumped up and down! Relief. We celebrated by going to Hibachi for some much needed sushi.

Yesterday I made the 3 hour trek back up to Morgantown and today was my first day of classes for the last time. There is a lot I have to still accomplish this semester but I am super happy I made it over that ginormous hurdle. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So awesome! Congrats!!