Friday, January 7, 2011

Goals for 2011


I've decided to make goals for myself for the new year. They really can't fall under the category of "resolution" since they aren't really things I need to change, although I do have few resolutions too.

11 Goals for 2011
  1. Find a dental hygiene job!
  2. Find an apartment/house for me and Phil after finding that DH job!
  3. Learn to quilt - by year's end I would like to have finished at least 3 quilts: My t-shirt quilt, a baby quilt (for my new little cousin due May 1st!), and a quilt for me and Phil.
  4. Continue eating healthy and working out.
  5. Use my crockpot.
  6. Plan mine and Phil's wedding and have fun doing it!
  7. Make tooth-fairy pillows for my little cousins/nephews.
  8. Get a kitty.
  9. Continue to read for pleasure as often as I can.
  10. Start paying off my loans.
  11. Continue to blog!
Resolutions
  • Begin going to sleep earlier and waking up earlier - This will be a hard one to start and I'm afraid that it won't happen until I find a job I need to get up for.
  • Start writing down what I eat everyday - I was doing this really well for the first part of my weight-loss program I joined at the Y, but lately I haven't at all.
  • Be more patient.
  • Hang out more with my friends!

Last year my resolution was to call my family/friends more often and get over my phone phobia. This resolution didn't turn out too well cause I never did. Bad Mariah! I hope this year's goals/resolutions turn out better than last year's!

I've also added the 11 Goals for 2011 to the left sidebar so you can track their progress with my other lists!

  • Do you have any goals/resolutions for the new year?
  • How did you do with last years resolutions?

7 comments:

JMJE said...

Sounds like you have some good goals. I prefer goals to resolutions.

Miranda said...

I LOVE the cute idea of having 11 goals for 2011 :-) Your goals are totally realistic and I KNOW you can accomplish them!!

Make sure you post about the tooth fairy pillows when you make them.. that sounds so cute!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These are great goals and resolutions. Knowing you, I have no doubt you will accomplish most of them, if not all. ;)

I don't even want to THINK about my resolutions from last year. Hahaha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

If you learn how to make a t shirt quilt PLEASE let me know how because I am dying to get my old shirts made into one but no one I know has any clue how to do it!

MariahSmile said...

i will let you know when i figure it out for myself! ...maybe i'll even post pics during the process!

notquiteawake said...

I think one of your goals should be to post about planning your wedding. It would be fun to get excited about the date right along with you!

Thekla said...

nice goals honey :)xxxx


http://inablondeworld.blogspot.com/ stop by sometime love to hear from you:)