Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I am up way to late on Christmas Eve/Morning but I cannot sleep! I am like a little kid who knows Santa is coming! I feel so relieved since I took my boards this past Monday that I am starting to become myself again. Now the waiting begins...

But while waiting, I am going to enjoy my Christmas and my break and share some of my favorite Christmas ornaments with you, and other Christmas favorites besides ornaments. This post is inspired by my friend Amanda, who made a similar post, who was inspired by one of her friends.

First, I'll start off with a picture of my family's tree. Our tree looks pretty much the same every year and has sentimental ornaments and assorted bulbs which are placed differently each year:
This is my first ornament:

I always loved putting this ornament on the tree with Sunshine:

When I was little, I used to play with these ornaments, which is probably why Santa doesn't have a beard and Mrs. Clause's hair is a little frazzled:

Here is my favorite Christmas Candy I made the other day, recipe courtesy of Kathy Burch:

I made this sometime when I was little, it's not really an ornament but always ends up on the tree. My parents laugh about it every year, wonder why:
This is my little tree that stays up pretty much all year at my place:


My newest ornament:

Here are a couple of my faves from this tree:


This is Phil's grandmother's tree. I love it! It has hundreds of red bows and red bulbs on it with red and white lights. I hope she keeps it like this when she takes it down each year cause I would hate to tie all those bows on every year!


Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Beautiful trees! What great memories. I love the old school Santa and Mrs. Mom had something similar on her tree. I also love the snowman -- a little tidbit about me is that I laugh every single time I hear the word balls. Merry Christmas to you and your fam! Congrats on getting the boards over with! WHEW!