Friday, January 27, 2012

Shape it up!

Today I went to my first bootcamp at the Y, and let me tell you, it totally kicked my butt! We started out running around the track, which I am used to... but then we had to run single filed and that's where it got tough for me. I have my own slow pace that I like to run, and I know I need to speed it up some, but the people in my class were just too fast for me! It seemed like they all were in tip top shape and were just doing the bootcamp to keep that up. I liked it though, even though my abs are feeling it right now (you know there has to be some abs under there somewhere!), and I may even go back next week! Thanks Miranda for inspiring me!

I have started to pick up more workouts this week than my usual one or two. I went to zumba on Monday and Thursday, ran at the Y and lifted weights on Tuesday, then I did the bootcamp today (Friday). I may start taking some different classes at the Y, instead of going to the zumba on Mondays. I hope I can keep all this up after I go back to working again.

I have also decided to cut down on my portions during meals, try not to snack late at night, and only drink pop on the weekend. Phil and I have been planning our weekly menus the week before, and making up our shopping list with those meals in mind. This has helped on cutting costs at the store each week.

Here is our new favorite recipe for our crockpot:

Lentils

1 cup dry lentils
1 cup carrots (chopped)
1 cup celery (chopped)
1 cup onion (chopped)
1 cup smoked turkey sausages (chopped)
4 cups vegetable broth
Season with salt, pepper, & cumin

Place all ingredients in the crockpot on LOW for 6 hours.

We are addicted to this right now, it is super easy, and before we made it Phil, had never had lentils before! I had never used cumin while cooking and now I love it! So good!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: