Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie

Just 2 days into the new year and I already have read a book! This book is a super simple read and keeps you interested all the way through.




Matched by Ally Condie is about a "perfect" society designed to keep everyone happy and healthy, at least until their 80th birthday. Cassia is a girl who lives by the Society's rules and trusts they know and do what is best for it's citizens. On the eve of her 17th birthday, Cassia has her Matching Ceremony, where she comes to find out that her perfect match is her best friend, Xander. This is rare to be matched with someone you already know. Her faith in the Society waivers after that ceremony when she is confused by a glitch in her microcard that supposedly has all the info about her match. Xander's face appears, then fades away, and another boy's face appears... and she knows this one too.

I feel like Matched is like a cross between 1984 by George Orwell, Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, and the recent hit The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. So if you like any of the previously mentioned books, with a little romance and rebellion, I recommend this one.

3 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

This book sounds good!! I'll definitely have to put it on my list. ;) I also have the Hunger Games on my list too. Sigh. So many books to get through...

Happy New Year! Looks like you have some great goals! xoxo

Megan said...

Sounds really interesting! If I come across it I'll definitely check it out!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I got this book for Christmas because someone said it was like the Hunger Games! I can't wait to read it!